BOILER REPAIR SERVICE
Machines require servicing- regular checks of it performance.
Boiler servicing in this case means checking the boiler system for any fault on a predetermined set time lapse so as to ensure that it remain in good working condition.
Boilers needs an annual service to ensure they are safe, efficient and ready for action whenever needed. This is especially important when the winter months are approaching since this is the time of the year when your central heating and hot water system needs to be more reliable than ever.
The benefits of having your boiler serviced outweigh the average boiler cost. Those benefits include:
1)A boiler service could save your life – A regular boiler service will detect any CO leaks, keeping you and your family safe from CO poisoning
2)Boiler servicing will make sure your boiler is working correctly by correcting any minor faults, which if left unrepaired, could cause major problems in the future. This saves you money on larger repair bills and emergency call-out fees.
3)Regular boiler servicing reduces the fuel bills – this is because the service engineer should make sure your boiler isn’t wasting energy.
4)Since landlords are legally obliged to service boilers in their rental properties every year and must provide a valid Gas Safety certificate for gas boilers. Servicing the boiler helps them to stay legal and out of government penalties.
There are boiler service grants which provides some money towards the cost of servicing your boiler. If you are eligible for one you can obtain it through one of these schemes:
– The Warm Home Discount Scheme (this replaces Warm Front) – applicable only to those living in England.
– Local Government Grants – Also you may call your local authority to see whether you’re eligible for a boiler servicing grant.
– The Fuel Poverty Scheme – for Welsh residents
– The Warm Home Scheme – applicable only to Northern Ireland residents.
– Energy Supplier Grants – the energy suppliers are required to offer discounts and grants for things like boiler servicing under Carbon Emission Reduction Targets (CERT).
During boiler servicing the following should be done:
– In case of a gas boiler, the boiler’s controls and components are checked.
– Heat exchanger and ignition are checked.
– The boiler seal is tested.
– The temperature and pressure that the boiler operates on are checked. The boiler should be working within the preset range of temperatures and if not the case the thermostats should be checked and adjusted accordingly.
– Visual inspection is done to check for corrosion and leaks.
– Flue analyzer test should be carried out to check the combustion and burner pressure. During this test a specialist test equipment is used to enable the engineer to measure the concentrations of the pollutants present in the boiler and to adjust your burners for optimal combustion.
– The water levels in the boiler are checked. By this incase the water level falls below the level that is adequate for the normal functioning of the boiler, toping up is done before it becomes a problem.