HOW TO TRANSFER MUSIC FROM IPHONE TO COMPUTER
Synchronizing music from the computer to the iPhone can be easily done through iTunes. Unfortunately, making that transfer from iPhone to computer is not an easy process; in as much as one may backup and play the music in iTunes cannot allow them to play in other media.
i) Transfer Purchases for Mac and Windows
– Go to iTunes icon on the desktop and double-click on it to open. By so doing, music can be transferred from iPhone to computer but only if the music had been purchased from the iTunes store.
– Music from a CD, website or any other online store is not transferrable via this method.
– Go to Store Menu and select the Authorize This Computer option. This allows the computer to access and use your Apple ID.
– Enter your log-in information as required then click on Authorized button to complete that process of authorization.
– Connect the iPhone to your computer using the USB cable
– Click on Transfer Your Purchases option when an alert pop appears on the screen. If this alert pop does not appear, go to File Menu, then Devices and choose Transfer Purchases from iPhone.
ii)iPhone Explorer for Mac and Windows
– Open iTunes and go to Devices Menu. From Preferences, check the “Prevent iOS hardware from synching automatically” box. Save and quit iTunes.
– This prevents iTunes from trying to synch the music library on the computer to the iPhone.
– Download and install Explorer. This program needs iTunes 10, Mac OS X 10.6-10.9 or Windows XP, Vista 7, 8 or 8.1.
– Plug your iPhone into your computer
– Double-click on iExplorer to launch it
– Locate your music folder from the iPhone Media folder
– Drag the music folder to your desktop. This copies all the music in the folder to from the iPhone o your computer.
– Close the iExplorer and safely remove your iPhone from the computer
iii)Sharepod for Windows and Mac
– Download Sharepod. One must have iTunes 10 or later to use it.
– Connect the iPhone to your computer using the USB cable.
– Double-click on the Sharepod icon on the desktop to open. The music in your iPhone is listed; otherwise, click on iPhone in the side panel of the Sharepod program.
– Choose the songs to add then click on the ‘Copy to Computer” button in the upper left corner of the Sharepod.
– If all songs are to be transferred, ignore the selection process and just click on ‘Backup iPod Button”
– Set the location on your computer to store the files and how the music should be organized.
– Let the transfer process finish on its own.
iv)Gtkpod for Linux
– Download and install gtkpod on your computer
– Connect your iPhone to your computer
– Mark the songs to export then select the “Export Tracks from Database” option
– Set the location where the files are going to be saved
– Specify the output filename in the “Preference” dialog box by specifying a template e.g. “%A/%a – %t”
– Wait for the transfer to finish.